Spaetzle - 200 gms approx
Chicken Sausage - 200 gms
Onions – 2 ( chopped finely)
Tomatoes – 3 to 4 ( chopped f1.inely)
Garlic – 2 to 3 pods ( crushed)
Sweet Paprika powder – 1 tsp
Black pepper powder – as per taste
Oregano – 1 tsp
Sugar – ½ tsp
Salt – as per taste
Olive oil – 3 to 4 tbsps
Butter – 2 tbsps
Parsley – a few sprigs
1. Boil the spaetzle. Add a pinch of salt while boiling. Follow the same process as you would do to boil any kind of pasta.
2. Drain the spaetzle and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process. Keep it aside.
3. In a pan heat 2 to 3 tbsps of olive oil. Add the crushed garlic and suate till it turns slightly golden. Add tomatoes and onions to it and continue to sauté till they turn soft. Add salt, sugar, oregano and sweet paprika and mix them well. Add a little water to get that gravy consistency.
4. Cut the sausages in medium sized pieces and add it to the gravy. Bring it to a boil and take it off heat.
5. In another pan, melt butter and add the boiled spaetzle. Add pepper, salt and oregano. Lastly add a few sprigs of chopped parsley and dash of olive oil.
6. Serve the spaetzle along with the sausage gravy.