Chicken – 350 gms
Red pepper - 2 large
Garlic - 6 pods
Onion thinly sliced – one
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Five spice powder – 1tsp
Salt – as per taste
1. Clean the chicken and pat it dry with a kitchen napkin. Rub five spice powder with little oil all over the chicken. Keep it aside for 20 mins.
2. Roast both the red peppers on open flame on a gas stove till the skin becomes all black and roasted. Keep the peppers covered for some time so that it becomes easier for you to peel off the skin.
3. Take one and a half of the roasted pepper along with garlic and 3 tbsp oil and blitz it in the food processor till it becomes a smooth paste.
4. Cut the remaining half of the roasted pepper into small pieces.
5. Heat oil in a pan and add the thinly sliced onions to it. Saute for sometime and then add the marinated chicken.
6. Now add the pepper and garlic paste to the chicken and saute till the oil separates from the sides.
7. Add the remaining pepper pcs, salt and red chilli powder to the chicken. Add sufficient water to the chicken for gravy.
8. Once the chicken is cooked properly take it off heat and serve with rice.