Medium sized prawns- 250 gms
Yellow mustard seeds – 2 to 3 tbsp
Poppy seeds- 1 ½ poppy seeds
Onion – 1 (juliennes)
Sugar- ½ tsp
Salt- as per taste
Garlic – 3 pods
Slit Green chillies – 4 to 5 (or as per your taste)
Mustard oil – 2 tsp
1. Wash and clean the prawns leaving the head.
2. Grind together mustard seeds, poppy seeds, garlic and the green chillies to a fine paste. You may add little water to make the grinding easy.
3. Mix this mustard paste with the prawns. Add onion, sugar and salt. Please ensure that all the prawns are nicely coated with the masala.
4. Put this in a microwave safe bowl. Add 1 or 2 slit green chilli in the mix (optional). Sprinkle two tsp of mustard oil over the prawns.
5. Cover the bowl with a lid and microwave in medium for 5 to 6 mins or till the prawns are cooked.