Flour – 135 gms or 1.5 cup (approx)
Sugar -128 gms or ¾ cup
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Oil- 150 ml or 1/3 cup
Milk – 150 ml or 1/3 cup
Egg -1 large
Coco powder – 2 tbsp
Dark chocolate – 100gms
Walnut – ½ cup (broken)
For the crumb
Sugar – ½ cup or 75 gms
Flour – ½ cup or 55 gms
Butter – ¼ cup
Milk – 2 tsp
Dark chocolate chips – 1 tbsp
Walnut – 1 tbsp (broken)
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt together and keep aside.
2. In a small bowl mix oil and egg together.
3. Warm the milk and add coco powder and dark chocolate to it. Mix well so that the chocolate completely melts in the milk.
4. Now add both the liquid mixture i.e. the milk and coco mixture and oil and egg mixture to the dry ingredients mixture and mix well with a spatula.
5. Once this mixture is ready pour them in equal quantity into muffin trays.
6. Now for the crumb, simply mix everything using a spatula and scoop around 1 big tbsp and heap it on top of the individual muffin mixture. If you have the crumb remaining after topping all the muffins you can divide in equal quantities and add more to the muffins.
7. Preheat oven to 200 degree for 5 to 10 mins.
8. Now put in the muffin tray in the oven and bake at 170 degree for 20 mins or till the skewer comes out clean.
I got 8 big sized muffins but you might get more depending on the size of the muffin moulds you use.