Chicken mince – 200 gms
Carrot – 1 (cut in small cubes)
Onion- 1 large (chopped finely)
Green peas- a handful
Capsicum – 1 (cut into small pieces)
Garlic- 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Ginger- ½ tbsp (finely chopped)
Paprika Paste – 2 tbsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Butter – 2 tbsp and some extra butter for brushing the pastry sheets
Flour -2 tsp
Dried oregano – 1 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Phyllo pastry sheets - 2 (11x11 inch)
Egg yolk -1 (for brushing the top of the pies)
1. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan .Add the chicken mince and sauté for 2 to 3 mins. Take it off heat and let it cool.
2. Heat butter and the remaining oil in the same pan. Add garlic, ginger and chopped onions one after another and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Next add all the vegetables to the pan and continue to sauté. To this add paprika paste. If you don’t have paprika paste you can add little chilli paste and tomato paste. Add dried oregano and salt as per taste.
4. Now add flour to the vegetables and stir for 1 min. Add required amount of water just to get the vegetables cooked and to have a thick sauce covering the vegetables once they are cooked. Let it cool down before assembling the pies.
5. Cut the pastry sheets into four equal portions. Place the sheets overlapping each other. I placed two portions of the same sheet for one mini pie. Brush each sheet with butter and then place the filling in the middle.
6. Now cover the filling with the edges of the sheets from all sides.
7. Beat the egg yolk and brush the top of the pie with the same. This will give the pie a nice golden colour.
8. Pre heat oven at 200 degrees for 10 mins and then bake the mini pies at 180 degrees for 20 -25 mins or till you have a beautiful golden crust on top and the edges are cooked from all sides.