Sugar 2 cups
Oil 1 cup
Flour 2 cups
Baking soda ½ tsp
Baking powder 1 tsp
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
1. Pour one cup sugar in a fry pan and let it simmer slowly till it caramelises into golden brown. Be careful it can burn pretty fast.
2. Grease a 9 inch round baking tin. Now thinly slice an apple and arrange them in circular order. Pour the caramel on top of the sliced apples. Leave it aside.
3. Now mash the banana and boil and mash the remaining two apples.
4. Beat sugar and oil together. Add the eggs and whisk till you get a light creamy mixture.
5. Add baking powder and baking soda to the flour and add to the egg mix and ensure there are no lumps.
6. Add the banana and apple mixture to it and mix well.
7. Add vanilla essence.
8. Pour the cake mix in the baking tin over the caramelised apples.
9. Pre heat an oven to 220° and bake for 30 mins or till the skewer comes out clean.
10. Let the cake cool down and come to room temperature.
11. Now turn the cake upside down and wait for a few seconds for all the caramel to trickle down.