Tomato – 2 (big)
Apple – 1 (medium sized)
Dates - 5 to 6
Sugar- ¾ cup or any sweetener of your choice
Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
Red chilli powder –a pinch
Dried grapes or raisins - 10 to 12
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
1. Chop the tomatoes, apple and dates to small even pieces.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai or saucepan. Add fennel seeds to the oil and just wait till it turns golden and aromatic but be careful and don’t let it burn.
3. Add the tomatoes and saute till they are soft.
4. Add the apples, dates and grapes to the tomatoes.
5. Next add sugar and mix well with all the ingredients in the pan. Keep the flame low. Add a pinch of salt and red chilli powder.
6. Add around 2 cups of water and let it simmer on low flame till it gets that thick sticky consistency.