For the stuffing
Soya mince - 1 cup
Garlic 5 to 6 cloves
Ginger ½ tsp (grated)
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp (as per taste)
Meat masala powder 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 2 to 3 tbsp
Butter 1 tbsp
Spring onions for garnish
1. Boil the whole cabbage in water. Add little salt to the water and let it simmer. Slowly you can pull out the leaves one by one without breaking them.
2. Spread the cabbage leaves separately on a plate and with a tissue wipe the moisture from the leaves.
3. Now for the stuffing, soak the soya mince in adequate water so that they swell up.
4. In the meantime, chop the onion, tomato and garlic finely.
5. Heat oil in a pan and add the onion, tomato, garlic and grated ginger and sauté till the oil starts to separate.
6. Squeeze the soya mince out of water and add to the pan. Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, meat masala and salt and stir fry for a few minutes so that mince is well coated with all the masala.
7. Take it off heat and let it cool. It is important that the mixture cools down before we start rolling the cabbage leaves.
8. Now take a spoonful of the mixture and place it on a cabbage leaf and roll it closing the sides. Repeat the process till all the leaves are rolled up.
9. Oil a plate and place the cabbage rolls in them and steam them for 10 mins. Brush the rolls with melted butter before serving them.
Garnish with spring onions. I served the rolls with a tomato relish.