For the beetroot filling
Onion-1 large (finely chopped)
Garlic-5 to 6 pods (finely chopped)
Ginger-1/2 tsp (finely chopped)
Green chillies–as per taste( finely chopped)
Coriander leaves- for garnishing
Salt–as per taste.
Oil- 2 to 3 tbsp
For the crust
Whole wheat flour dough using little salt and sufficient water.
1. Grate the beetroot finely into thin shreds.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the grated beetroot. Stir for 3 to 4 mins or till the beetroot starts getting soft.
3. Add the finely chopped onion, garlic, ginger and green chillies along with salt to the beetroot.
4. Keep stirring so that all the ingredients are mixed well.
5. Once the beetroot is cooked, take it off heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
6. For the crusts roll the dough very thinly in the shape of a roti.
7. Heat a griddle and put the roti on it. Press the sides firmly with a thick napkin so that the roti does not puff up. Lower the heat so that the roti becomes absolutely crisp.
8. Now with the help of a pizza cutter or a sharp knife cut the roti into small triangles. You should be having atleast 8 triangles from one roti.
9. Now spoon a small amount of the beetroot mix on the crisp triangles and garnish with coriander.