Baby or small potatoes – 250 gms
White sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
Peanuts - handful
Kalonji seeds (onion seeds) – a few grains for tempering
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Mustard Oil – 3 tbsp to 4 tbsp
Green chillies – 3 to 4
Red chilli pdr – ½ tsp (optional)
1. Boil the potatoes but be careful in not making them mushy. They should be firm but cooked.
2. Roast the peanuts and sesame seeds and grind them to a fine powder.
3. Mix the potatoes with roasted peanuts and sesame powder along with red chilli powder and green chillies.
4. Heat mustard oil till it becomes translucent. Take it off heat. Temper with kalonji seeds and add the potatoes.
5. Add the lemon juice.
6. Garnish with coriander and onions.