Soyabean nuggets – 200 gms
Green peas – 100 gms
Onion – 1 chopped finely
Garlic – 1 tbsp chopped finely
Ginger – ½ tbsp chopped finely
Dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) - handful
Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Tomato puree – 3 to 4 tbsp
Coconut milk - 1 to 2 tbsp
Salt – as per taste
Sugar – a pinch
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
Oil- 2 tbsp
1. Wash and soak the soya nuggets in water for 10-15 mins.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions. Saute till they turn translucent.
3. Now add the chopped garlic and ginger to the onion. Fry for some time and then add the tomato puree.
4. Add turmeric and red chilli powder to the pan along with a few crushed leaves of fenugreek. Add salt and continue to stir till the oil separates from the sides.
5. Now add the green peas and soya nuggets to this spice mixture and ensure that the nuggets are coated in the masala.
6. Once the peas and the nuggets are cooked in the masala, add the coconut milk and mix well. Add sugar, garam masala powder and fenugreek leaves to the curry. Give it a good stir and take it off from heat.
You can completely dry of the gravy or keep some .It tastes good both ways.