Chicken – 500 gms (curry cut)
Onion – 2 (big) (thinly sliced)
Tomato - 1 ( big) (thinly sliced)
Garlic – 3 to 4 pods
Ginger - ½ tsp (chopped)
Curd – 250 gms
Red chilli powder -1 tsp or as per taste
Coriander powder -1/2 tsp
Meat masala – ½ tsp
Cashewnuts - 3 to 4 tbsp
Cream – ½ cup
Milk – 1 cup
Bay leaf – 2
Star anise – 2
Dry methi/fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp
Dry red chilli – 1 (optional)
Salt – as per taste
Sugar – a pinch
Oil- 4 to 5 tbsp
1. Marinate the chicken with curd and a little salt.
2. Heat little oil in a pan and fry the onions till they are translucent along with the cashew nuts. Please take care that they don’t turn brown or else your gravy will have a darker shade. Strain it from oil and let it cool.
3. Now in the same pan add the rest of the oil. Add bay leaf, red chilli and star anise.
4. Make a paste of tomato, garlic and ginger.
5. Add this paste to the hot oil and sauté for some time.
6. Grind the fried onions and cashew nuts into a fine paste and add it to the sauteed tomato paste in the pan.
7. Now one by one add red chilli powder, coriander powder,salt,sugar and meat masala into the tomato and onion mixture.
8. Once the masalas are mixed well in the gravy please add milk.
9. After a minute or so add the marinated chicken and cover it.
10. You may add a little bit of water from time to time till the chicken is cooked through.
11. Add dry methi and cream in the end and cover it again for a few minutes. Chicken changezi is ready.