Pork – 500 gms (curry cut)
Vinegar – 3 to 4 tbsp
Onions – 2 (chopped finely)
Dry red Chillies – 5 to 6
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp (optional)
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Green chilli – 1 or 2
Garlic pods – 4 to 5
Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 1 or 2
Peppercorns – ½ tsp
Whole cumin – a pinch for tampering
Salt – as per taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Wash and clean the pork thoroughly. Dry it with a kitchen towel.
2. Make a fine paste of Vinegar, dry chillies, ginger, garlic and onions. Marinate the pork in this paste along with salt overnight or for at least 5 to 6 hrs.
3. In a pressure pan or cooker heat oil. Add the whole cumin, peppercorns and cloves. Once they start to crackle add the marinated pork.
4 Sauté for a few minutes till the meat gets a slight caramelisation.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and sauté for another few minutes before you add water.
6. Pressure cook the meat on high till the first whistle and then lower the flame and slow cook for 10 -15 mins or till the meat is done.
Serve it hot with rice or roti as per your preference. You can replicate the recipe with the meat of your choice.