Prawns/ shrimps – 200 gms (with shells and head)
Split Red Lentil or Masoor dal – ½ cup
Onion – 1 (chopped finely)
Green chillies – 3 or as per taste (chopped finely)
Salt – as per taste
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
1. Clean the shrimps or prawns but do not de shell them. We use the shrimps or the prawns with their shells. In fact you can make these pakoras by using left over prawn shells and head.
2. Soak the lentils in water for 15 to 20 mins and let the lentils swell up.
3. Now grind the lentils along with a handful of the prawns and leave the others to be used later. If you are using only the shells and the heads then use everything and grind them to a coarse paste.
4. Add the chopped onions, chillies, turmeric powder, salt and the remaining prawns or shrimps to the batter.
5. Scoop out small portions of the batter and deep fry them.
Serve it hot with mustard sauce or tomato sauce.