Eggs – 3
Potatoes – 2 (medium sized)
Onion – 2
Tomatoes – 2
Garlic pods – 5 to 6
Ginger paste – ¼ tsp
Coriander powder – 1tsp
Salt - as per taste
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp or as per your taste
Garam masala pdr – 1tsp
Green chilli – 2
1. Boil the potatoes and mash them nicely. Add two lightly beaten eggs to the mashed potatoes. Dice one onion and the green chillies very finely and add to the mixture. Now add little salt (as per taste) to this and mix it really well.
2. Grease a flat bottomed pan of medium size and put the egg mixture in this. Cover and steam till the mixture rises and comes to a firm consistency. Let it cool for some time.
3. In the meantime make a paste of the tomatoes, garlic and the remaining onion.
4. Cut the steamed egg mixture into diamond like shapes and don’t worry if you find some mixture sticking to the plate. Scrap them with a spoon and make similar shapes with your hand.
5. Now break the last egg and beat it lightly. Dip these steamed egg cubes into the beaten egg and fry them till they are golden on all sides. Be careful not to let the oil to be too hot or these dumplings have a tendency of burning fast.
6. Keep these fried dumplings aside till the curry is complete.
7. For the curry, heat oil in a pan add the onion and tomato paste. Add turmeric powder, ginger paste, coriander pdr, red chilli pdr and sauté for some time. Add salt. Once the oil starts leaving the side of the pan add 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Now add the fried dumplings and garam masala. Garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot with rice or roti.