Jumbo prawns - 500 gms
Peanuts - handful
Poppy seeds - 4 tsp
Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Salt - as per taste
Mustard oil - 100 ml.
1. Clean the prawns thoroughly.
2. Make a fine paste of the peanuts and poppy seeds together.
3. Now add the peanut-poppy seeds paste alongwith turmeric powder, ginger paste, chilli powder, sugar and salt to the raw prawns and mix together.
4. Once everything is mixed well with the prawns add the milk and oil.
5. Grease an ovenproof dish and transfer the above mixture to it. It takes around 10 mins in the microwave on high for the dish to be done. After 5 mins take the bakeware out of the oven and turn the prawns so that both the sides of the prawns are well coated in the gravy. Put it back in the oven and microwave for 5 mins and the dish is ready.
6. You can add slit green chillies just to add flavour.