Surmai fillets – 4
Garlic pods – 5 to 6
Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
Meat masala powder – ½ tsp
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Sugar- a pinch
Salt- as per taste
Cumin seeds- a pinch
Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Oil – 3 tbsp
1. Wash the fillets thoroughly and pat them dry with kitchen napkin.
2. Coat the fish fillets with 1 tsp turmeric powder and little salt.
3. Heat oil in a non stick pan and add the marinated fish and fry them till golden brown on both sides.
4. Grind the onion and garlic pods to a paste
5. Keep the fillets aside. In the remaining oil in the same pan add cumin seeds. As they start to crackle add the onion and garlic paste to oil and saute.
6. Now add all the remaining dry masala to the onion mixture. Stir fry till oil starts to separate from the sides.
7. Add the vinegar, sugar and salt to the masala mixture. Add few tsps of water to the masala .
8. Now add the fish fillets to the pan and ensure that the fillets are well coated in the masala. Take it off heat.
Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice.