Chicken - 500 gms
Roasted cumin - ½ tsp
Spinach - 100gms
Garlic – 5 to 6 pods
Ginger paste – ½ tsp
Red chilli pdr – 1tsp (or as per your taste)
Turmeric pdr – ½ tsp
Coriander pdr – ½ tsp
Onion – 2
Tomato - 1
Coriander leaves – a bunch
Fresh cream – 2tbsp
Salt – as per your taste
Oil – for cooking
1. Wash and blanch spinach leaves for 2 mins and then grind them to fine paste with the garlic and coriander leaves.
2. Make a paste of tomato and onion. Marinate the chicken for ½ n hr with this tomato onion paste and turmeric pdr and salt.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the roasted cumin. When the cumin starts crackling add the marinated chicken and sauté for sometime.
4. Add the red chilli pdr, coriander pdr , ginger paste to the chicken and continue frying till the oil separates from the sides. Now add the spinach paste and fry for another 5 to 8 mins on low flame. Now add water and cook till the chicken becomes tender.
5. Add fresh cream before taking the chicken off the heat and mix well.
This dish goes very well with steamed rice.