Mixed salad leaves or lettuce leaves – handful
Spring onions-1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Toasted bread croutons* – 1 cup
Eggs – 2(soft boiled)
Pepper powder – as per taste
Salt – as per taste
For the dressing
Cheese spread- 1tbsp
Mustard sauce-1 ½ tsp
Tomato ketchup-1 ½ tsp
1. Wash the lettuce leaves and soak them in cold water. Tear them roughly by hand and squeeze out all the water before adding the dressing. Avoid cutting lettuce leaves by knife as they might turn black.
2. Assemble all the vegetables in a big bowl. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Now for the dressing, in a small bowl add the cheese spread along with mustard sauce and tomato ketchup and whisk till all three are mixed together. It will have a paste like consistency.
4. Now add the dressing to the vegetables. Mix well so that the vegetables are coated well with the dressing but with light hands.
5. Add the croutons in the salad. Place the soft boiled eggs on top and drizzle olive oil.
Serve with garlic bread or any whole wheat bread.
*You can make croutons by applying oil or butter on bread and browning it till its crispy and then cutting it in square pcs.