Pork ribs - 4 (one per person)
For the marinade
Barbeque sauce – ½ cup
Garlic pods – 4 to 5 (crushed)
Red chilli powder -1/2 tsp
Dried thyme – ½ tsp
Olive oil – 1tsp
Salt- as per taste
Pepper powder- ½ tsp
For the vegetables
Carrot – 1 cup (cubed)
Cabbage – 1 cup (cut in squares)
Capsicum- 1 cup (cubed)
Oil for frying - 1 tbsp
1. Wash and dry the pork ribs. Put them in a zip bag. Now add all the items of the marinade in the zip bag along with the ribs and mix well with your hands. Seal the zip bag and leave it in the fridge overnight. It is as simple as that.
2. Take the marinated pork ribs out from the fridge and bring it to room temperature.
3. In non-stick pan seal off the pork ribs on both sides till they start changing colour.
4. Put the pork ribs on a baking tray and roast in an oven at 220 degree for almost 30- 45 min. Turn sides in between. Season with salt.
5. Take out the pork ribs and set aside. Don’t throw away the lovely juice from the pork ribs that are left on the baking tray.
6. Heat one tbsp oil in a pan and put all the vegetables and stir fry for 4 to 5 mins.
7. Now add the juice from the pork ribs in the pan. Sauté till the vegetables are cooked enough but ensure they do not lose their crunch. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Now place the roasted pork ribs along with the vegetables on a plate.
You can also serve this dish with a generous helping of French fries or mashed potatoes.