Milk – 2 litres
Vinegar – half a cup
Sugar – 2 to 3 tbsp
Condensed milk – 4 tbsp
Milk powder – 3 to 4 tbsp
Cardamom – 2 to 3 pods or you can use cardamom powder.
1. Bring the milk to a boil. Once the milk starts boiling add vinegar and let it simmer. The milk will start to curdle in a minute. Strain the curdled milk that is paneer (cottage cheese) and wash it under fresh water.
2. Put it in a strainer and let it sit for half an hour till all the water has drained out.
3. Take the fresh paneer and divide into two equal portions.
4. Add the sugar into one portion of paneer and mash this mixture nicely with the palm of your hand. Continue doing it for 5 to 6 mins till the sugar is almost dissolved in the paneer and the paneer also has turned into soft dough.
5. Take a non stick pan and sauté this paneer mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. Into this add the condensed milk. Keep on stirring until everything is nicely mixed and all the water has dried up. Add the crushed cardamom seeds. After sometime you should be having a sticky grainy consistency.
6. Take it off the flame. Let it cool for a few minutes.
7. Now add this mixture to the paneer which we had kept separately.
8. Mix both and knead for 6 to 7 mins till it becomes soft dough. Make small balls or ladoos and roll the same in milk powder and its ready to eat.
Tip: Use your palm to knead the paneer.