Walnut and hazelnut brownies
Saturday, 5th October, 2013
At a time when blondies (similar to brownies where mostly brown sugar is used instead of chocolate) are the flavour of the season I am going to forward this brownie recipe which is a quite an old recipe and has never failed. But with profound grief I do report that my old friend, in fact my best buddy in the kitchen, my oven has suffered a nervous breakdown after baking these delectable brownies. The breakdown was quite serious coz she took the lights of the entire house along with her. She is still comatose but is undergoing treatment and things are looking up but I do feel very lonely in the kitchen without her.. hoping that she comes back very soon.
Original recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor.
4 to 6)
Baking powder-1 tsp
Chocolate-100gms (I used Bournville dark chocolate with hazelnuts)
1. Melt the butter and the chocolate in a microwave oven or in double boiler.
2. Whisk the eggs and the sugar together till they come to a creamy consistency.
3. Sieve the flour and baking powder together. Add the walnuts to the flour.
4. Add the flour mixture to the eggs and mix well.
5. Now add the butter and chocolate mixture to this and whisk. Add vanilla essence.
6. Grease a 9inch square or rectangular baking pan and add the brownie mixture.
7. Preheat the oven and bake for 40 – 45 mins at 190-200 degree.
Serve with hot chocolate sauce or without it!