Flour – 2 cups
Cold butter – 3 tbsp
Baking powder – 4 tsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Milk – 1 cup and a little more
Egg yolk – 1
1. Mix all the dry ingredients i.e. flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
2. Rub the butter into the dry mix with both your hands until they resemble coarse sand grains.
3. Add the milk leaving a little for the glaze and make soft dough.
4. The dough should be little sticky at this time. Dust the kitchen top with extra flour and roll out the dough in roughly circular shape with 1 inch of thickness.
5. With the help of a cookie cutter cut into small circles.
6. Place a baking sheet or baking paper on the baking tray and place the scones. Mix the egg yolk with little milk and brush it on top of the scones before baking them.
7. Heat the oven at 200 degrees and bake the scones for 10-12 mins till they rise and get a beautiful golden glaze.
Serve it with jam or cream or butter.