Eggs – 3 ( large)
Port wine – 1 cup ( I used Goan wine)
Brown sugar – 1 ½ cup or as per taste
Mixed nuts – 1 cup
Butter – 1 cup
Flour – 2 cups
Icing sugar – for decorating (optional)
Baking powder – 1 tbsp
Baking soda – ¼ tsp
1. Soak the nuts in wine overnight so that they soak up all that beautiful liquid. The more time you can soak it the better it is.
2. Beat the butter and brown sugar together till they are creamy.
3. Now add the eggs one by one.
4. Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Add this dry mix to the wet egg mixture and mix well.
5. Strain the nuts from the wine and coat them in flour. This will help them not sink at the bottom of the cake. Add the nuts to the cake mixture.
6. Now add the wine also to the cake mixture and mix well.
7. Grease a loaf tin and add the cake mixture. Bake for 40 mins at 190° or till the skewer comes out clean.
8. Let it cool down and garnish with icing sugar.