For the Brownie
Dark Chocolate – 140 gms
Butter – 50 gms
Sugar – ¾ cup
Egg – 1
Flour – ¾ cup
For the Butter cake
Butter – 60 gms
Sugar - ½ cup
Eggs – 2
Flour – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Milk – 2 to 3 tbsp
1. Pre heat oven to 190 ©. Grease and line a 4x8 inch loaf tin with aluminium foil.
2. For the brownie, melt the chocolate and butter on a double boiler. Once the chocolate melts, cool it down slightly and mix the sugar.
3. Add the egg and whisk till everything is blended. Now add the flour and mix well.
4. Pour batter into the loaf tin and bake for 15 – 20 mins. Take it out.
5. While your brownie is baking prepare the batter for the butter cake.
6. Beat the butter and sugar together to make a creamy mixture. Now add the eggs one by one.
7. Now add the flour with baking powder and whisk. Add the milk at this point. Whisk well so that everything is blended.
8. Pour the butter cake batter over the brownie and bake it for 30 minutes or till the skewer comes out clean.
Your brownie butter cake is ready to be devoured.
Tips: Do line the tin with aluminium foil. That will keep your cake moist.