For the pastry crust
Flour – 150 gms
Butter – 80 gms
Cold water – 4 to 5 tsp
Salt – a pinch
For the custard sauce
Egg yolks – 4
Cream – 1 cup
Sugar – ¼ cup or as per your taste
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
1. The first thing you need to make this tart is a tart pan which has a removable bottom. The one I used was 8 – 9 inch approximately.
2. Now for the pastry crust add the butter to the flour and rub them together till it resembles sand like consistency. Now add salt and cold water to this and slowly mix just until it all comes together to form a ball. Wrap it in a cling film and refrigerate for about 20 mins.
3. Now roll the dough like a thick roti and line the pastry tin. Bake the pastry crust at 220 degree for 20 mins. Take it off heat and cool for sometime.
4. For the custard sauce, beat the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla essence and cream together and pour into the baked pastry crust.
5. Now bake for 20 to 30 mins or till the custard sauce puffs up and turns golden brown. Once you take it out from the oven the puffiness will go down a bit. Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled.